The winners of the first edition (2022) of the interschool competition, entitled „From the life of saproxylic insects” have been named:
• I prize – Arsente Ana Maria – 7th grade of the Nistoresti Secondary School
• II prize – Gîrleanu Iris Antonia – class VII of the Tulnici Secondary School
• III prize – Sandra Ștefania Rață – 5th grade of Vidra Secondary School
• IV prize – Bațu Iara Monă – 5th class of Tulnici Secondary School
• V prize – Iordache Elena – 6th grade of the Nistoresti Secondary School
• the special prize – 7th grade of the Nistoresti Secondary School.
The contest was addressed to students from grades V-VIII from school units located in the communities of interest for the Putna-Vrancea Natural Park (the municipalities of Soveja, Vidra, Păulești, Negrilești, Tulnici and Nistorești) and aimed to transmit information about the benefits brought to the ecosystems of saproxylic insect species and the awareness of the need for actions to conserve these species.
This activity is part of the „Conservation of saproxylic insects in the Carpathians – LIFE ROSalia” project. The project is implemented by the Vrancea Environmental Protection Agency in partnership with the Putna-Vrancea Natural Park Administration, the Association for the Conservation of Biological Diversity and the University of Bucharest and is co-financed by the European Union within the LIFE Nature and Biodiversity program.
In addition to an organized trip to the Putna-Vrancea Natural Park, the Prizes offered by the Vrancea Environmental Protection Agency are:
• I prize – smartphone
• II prize – camera
• III prize – ebook reader
• IV prize – smartwatch
• V prize – drawing kit
In this way, we would like to thank all the students and teachers for their involvement in the first edition (2022) of the interschool competition, entitled „From the life of saproxylic insects”.